Although we can typically arrange to ship virtually any commodity, many items are prohibited or restricted from standard services.
All shipments containing used automotive parts such as engines and gearboxes that may have been exposed to potentially hazardous/ flammable/ toxic etc. substances MUST be drained of all fluids and certified as such before collection can be arranged. The parts MUST either be crated or strapped to a pallet. Failure to do so will cause delays or could result in the item being stopped in transit for the customer to collect at their own expense. For further assistance please contact us
The list below, though not exhaustive, shows the majority and type of goods that are not permitted for carriage through our standard services. Please read this and if you remain uncertain, contact UPS.
* Animal products such as skins, furs, horns (including Ivory and Ivory products)
* Goods of exceptional value such as works of art, antiques, precious metals or stones
* Money or any items considered as negotiable items, e.g. credit or bankcards, stocks, cheques, event tickets, and bonds
* Dangerous or hazardous materials, these relate particularly to any items that hold a UN number; including items considered to be inflammable, explosive, corrosive, toxic, magnetic, radioactive, biohazards, pressurised containers etc.
* Live animals of any sort
* Perishable items such as, but by no means limited to: milk, cheese, meats, etc
* Counterfeit or pirated goods or materials
* Stolen property or goods obtained as a result of criminal activity. When intercepted, such items will be seized and the Police informed
* Narcotics; illegal drugs. Restrictions may also apply to prescription medications to certain destinations
* Human and animal remains
* Pornographic materials
* Dry ice
* Medical, biological, botanical, chemical and sundry compound samples
* Jewellery - including watches, rings, necklaces, pendants or broaches, except for costume jewellery with an individual value of less than $100US
* Perfume and other, similar, alcohol based products - such items can be regarded as containing hazardous accelerants (this may also include consumable alcoholic beverages)
* Weapons or items that may be construed as lethal. These included guns, knives, swords, daggers replicas or otherwise.
* Plasma Screens
While not prohibited, unless a licensed distributor in both the country of origin and the U.S.A. shipments of alcohol are not allowed for carriage.